• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5W DH delux bios 1405

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveOCZ

The OCZ guy
I got this bios last night and it overclocks like mad. My board used to be limited to 405FSB stable, but I'm currently priming at 440FSB. The only thing I changed was the bios. I know 3 people who have flashed to this bios so far and none have had any problems. Asus specifically tuned this bios to run at higher FSB speeds. Remember beta bios files are beta so you use it at your own risk.

Bios is here
http://www.spec3.net/asus/P5W-DH-ASUS-Deluxe-1405.rar

Attachments

• 440.jpg
    440.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 495
Geesh, is that the Anti-Mater Di-Lithium bios ? the one that sucks up smoke and uses it for power :)

Wait for the official release tomorrow. ASUS don't want their betas leaked. TonyOCZ requested everyone not to distribute it before the offcial release or else ASUS may just pull the plug on future beta releases to us.

I'm just gonna be patient and wait. :)

Hmmm...this should be good when I get my conroe rig up and running. The board I bought from Epox was already good and this bios/future bioses should make my board run like a champ.

1405 doesn't change anything on mine - I've never flashed a "miracle" BIOS in all my years of building and OCing, but I still get excited waiting for one that just might be it. This one is not. (for me, anyway, good luck everyone else.)

It may help others to know what parameters you have set in BIOS (I know you said you only changed BIOS - but what params did you have set beforehand - Thanks)

SteveOCZ said:
I got this bios last night and it overclocks like mad. My board used to be limited to 405FSB stable, but I'm currently priming at 440FSB. The only thing I changed was the bios. I know 3 people who have flashed to this bios so far and none have had any problems. Asus specifically tuned this bios to run at higher FSB speeds. Remember beta bios files are beta so you use it at your own risk.

Bios is here
http://www.spec3.net/asus/P5W-DH-ASUS-Deluxe-1405.rar

How the heck did you jump from 405 to 445fsb, by just changing the bios. I find that hard to believe.

NO1B4ME said:
How the heck did you jump from 405 to 445fsb, by just changing the bios. I find that hard to believe.

I think it may be possible if Asus were to make changes to the NB strap or internal latencies of the chipset.

For the record, this bios (1405) made no improvement in my FSB overclocking.

Made no difference to mine either. You didn't change any features in the BIOS did you, Steve?

yea same here nothing big, lets me use a multi of 8 with 425, instead of 420 but my memory still isnt stable because of timings and what not, i dont think its that great.. blah..

wrangler88 said:
yea same here nothing big, lets me use a multi of 8 with 425, instead of 420 but my memory still isnt stable because of timings and what not, i dont think its that great.. blah..

It's probably great if you're using OCZ 400$ memory, but for us average joe's, i agree. Very underwhelming.

The bios didn't for me at first either. I had to clear my CMOS and reflash and then it got things cooking. Asus working on this bios with Anandtech to make it overclock better. Anandtech should be releasing some kind of article on it today.

Back