• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question for P5B Deluxe owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DanIdentity

Did you guys have to install the SATA drivers with F6 during the Windows installation so your SATA hard drives could be recognized?

I have one SATA drive and sometimes the BIOS is detecting it and sometimes it isn't. I haven't installed any drivers or the OS yet. Do you definitely have to install the drivers for a SATA drive to be recognized?

I was under the impression you only have to do this if you want to make a RAID array.

from what i have seen, the STUPID windows XP pro thing, cant spot a drive that DOS can :) its always that way, even if the device has its OWN bios like both the jmicro and the intel do, XP will go blind.
back in SCSI days, it would miss things it had JUST copied drivers over for :)
there are over 24 Scsi drivers waiting to be enumerated, with no sys file in all instalation of XP, they are just haning out there in the REgistry, but FIND them when you need em :) its not like MicroSOFT to do that.

On the other hand, i THINK i managed to get one seen on the JMICRO when it was specifically set for IDE.
but i just tossed an old IDE on the parellel side of the jmicro set for IDE and , cloned it over after.

some people are getting issues over settings on the INTEL when they load the drivers at startup, dont know why or how, but i read some about it.

i didnt have a floppy, but stufing an old IDE in there was sure a lot easier than the other problems, boot to it activate it , and put it aside, and you will always have a way to clone back to aliveness

Just set your sata drive to ide and it should be able to detect it. Just install your windows normally. But if you're drive has NCQ you need to set it to AHCI in the bios and F6 to install the driver to be able use the feature.

Back