• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AW9D-MAX .... any memory issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EXidE

Hi ... this is my first ever post so first things first, have to congratulate you all on an excellent forum..:bday:

My question is does anyone know of any compatibility probs with memory on this board as i am just about to order one with an e6600 and 2 GB of RAM.
The DDR2 RAM i am considering are:

Mushkin XP2 6400 4-4-3-10 2GB
Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 4-4-4-12 2BG
G Skill PC2-6400 HZ series 4-4-4-12 2GB
OCZ Platinum Rev2 PC2-6400 4-4-4-15 2GB
Team PC2-6400 Xtreem Micro 4-4-4-10 2GB

Now i have read all are decent overclockers some better than others. This is my first ever build too and i want componenets that i can learn OC'ing on. At present i would get the mushkin if only i could find a supplier with it in stock as i am in the UK. (i am asking on this forum cos it seems the best i have visited:) ..)
If anyone knows of any probs with any of these DDR2 sets on this board i would be grateful to know. Also if anyone has any advice on the DDR2 or other com[ponenets that would be great too.
My knowledge of the DDR2 modules came from these forums and others and a great review on driverheaven.net

Thanks

EXidE:)

OCZ has some compatibility issues with the board as it is shipped. Supposedly, a BIOS upgrade should fix the problems. Most RAM with D9 chips seem to work good. The Teamgroup, Mushkin XP2, and G. Skill HZ that you listed above all should work good. If you want to wait until next Tuesday/Wednesday, I will have my AW9D. I already have the Mushkin XP2 6400, so I'll be testing it.

Thx batboy
I have gone for the G Skill as the mushkin were £40... or $70 more. Not to say im inpatient to boot and the mushkin came into stock after i had ordered the G Skill.

Im using the G.skill HZ w/o a problem, but im waiting for my WC gear to get here before I push it

Well after a long delay in getting the correct delivery i was able to build my first ever PC.. :beer:

It surprisingly went without a hitch..

e6600
Scythe Ninja Plus AS5
Abit AW9D-MAX
G Skill 2GB HZ PC2-6400
X1900XT 256MB... so as not to waste £ before DX10
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB
Samsung SH-W163A SATA Dual Layer
Corsair HX 620W Modular
Akasa Mirage 62 case with nice window to aid drooling

Am currently still awaitin the Dell 2007WFP as they just cant seem to put stuff in a van and deliver it to where they are told to on a small island in the UK.

But I am overjoyed at the way the setup went together and cant praise the case enough.

I just have to say a big thankyou to all the posts on these forums as they have helped so much in making this build a success..

Now once I have got more than winxp and drivers installed I will have to report back and try OC'in :)

Back