• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem installing windows (P5W DH)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkshodokan07

Registered
Hi, first I'll list my spec so I can get some tips on what to look for:

MOBO: Asus P5W DH Deluxe (flashed new bios version )
CPU: Intel Conroe E6600
MEM: G.SKILL F2-6400PHU2 2GHZ (2 x 1gig , 800 mhz) , Timings: 4-4-4-12 Running at 1.95Volts

VIDEO CARD: ATI x1900xt
Power supply: OCZ GameXStream 600W
HDD: Western Digital 250gig

It seems that everytime I install windows, I have a corrupted one. I type some stuffs on my keyboard like the word HELLO and I get results like .?OE

I had similar problems when I built my first comp 1 year ago and I just ajusted memory timiungs + voltage and it all fixed it, but now even if all is ok and I run stable memtest86 v1.65, it seems my windows xp keep corrupting. (I have the 32 bit version, same one I was using a year ago).

Sounds as though your problem lies within the copy of windows you're using.

If the problem exsisted 1 year ago on a completely different system, and you have the same problem now, with the only constant being the OS you're using, chances are your copy of the OS is bad.

Other than that, I would need more info as to any other hardware that you may have migrated over to your new build.

Only time I have ever had to repair consitently corrupt installs of XP for clients is when they installed "burned" or "borrowed" copies of the OS, and if that is your case, then I can't help any further except to say, cough up the dough for it, and go legit.

You mean "backups" of windows. Like psyco said, try another windows cd and see if your problems persist.

Probably a bad keyboard. Sometimes with a bad keyboard pressing one button does another thing. I had a bad keyboard a while ago. When I pressed the Print Screen key, Windows would log off and shut down!

And if the problem is gone with another copy of Windows, probably malware.

Back