• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5b-d DRM destroyed my computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psycogeec

Well sorta, this is a long story, as i have been fighting Crashes with the Audio card, so i returned back to PRE-SP1 and then went through H E double toothpicks trying to get the "sound Max" Intergrated Digital HD audio working again.

first, i would like to say, WTF is HD audio? is it 1024i :)

i LOST 2 days of my life , trying to figure out:
1) Why is my computer completly CRASHING (xp doesnt crash right) when i install ATI drivers, after having SOUND MAX drivers on.
2) Why is my BOOT TIME increased by 10-14 seconds LONGER because of ONE stupid driver?
3) how you even install the driver that i NOW dont even want, unless your in SP2 (that is another long story)
4) why ONE stupid driver DOUBBLES the boot time on my computer
5) why it takes 10MEGS of slop , and 1 MEG of registry loading trash ,to load a driver that does the SAME THING that drivers for the amiga did that fit on 1/18th of a floppy disk , a 360k one.
6) What the heck is DRM, and why do i need it Destroying my life, when i make original content.

Please Dear god, i know your there oh great Guru of drivers.
Where is a NON-HD driver for the P5B-d cruddy onboard audio?

I dont care if it will EVER play another MP3 with DRM or not ever again.
i am thinking about just leaving the computer BEEP sound on instead.

Is there any realtek or AC97 drivers that will install on this sound card, so it can at least act like an ANALOG amp for the cd and the tv player? give me a volume control on the bench.

Last edited:
darn , i put this in the Wrong place, it should be over there in Intel asuses .
sorry about that chief.

Back