• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5BDLX FSB 500+ Is it possible to manually set the 1333 strap?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avman

Is there a way to manually set the strap to 1333 on a P5B DLX so I can boot into the 1333 strap?

See my sig. for my current settings - I'm trying to get a little higher and I'm having real trouble at anything over 508FSB.

At lower muti's and ram set at spd the bios auto sets the 1333 strap and I can run the FSB and ram (on a divider) quite a bit higher but bios alway reverts back to the 1066 strap when I'm on the 8 multi.

I rigged a small fan onto the NB last night and was able to boot into windows at 521 x 8 1:1 5-5-5-13-42 (max volts NB,SB,MCh) but as soon as the room warmed a little it became unstable and froze up.

But the board was on the 1066 strap (I know this because at post it shows the RAM as PC-4300 on 1066 and PC-5300 on 1333) and I know there would be less stress on the NB if I could get it to loosen up.

Anyone have any Ideas?

Avman

Avman said:
Is there a way to manually set the strap to 1333 on a P5B DLX so I can boot into the 1333 strap?

See my sig. for my current settings - I'm trying to get a little higher and I'm having real trouble at anything over 508FSB.

At lower muti's and ram set at spd the bios auto sets the 1333 strap and I can run the FSB and ram (on a divider) quite a bit higher but bios alway reverts back to the 1066 strap when I'm on the 8 multi.

I rigged a small fan onto the NB last night and was able to boot into windows at 521 x 8 1:1 5-5-5-13-42 (max volts NB,SB,MCh) but as soon as the room warmed a little it became unstable and froze up.

But the board was on the 1066 strap (I know this because at post it shows the RAM as PC-4300 on 1066 and PC-5300 on 1333) and I know there would be less stress on the NB if I could get it to loosen up.

Anyone have any Ideas?

Avman

How do you like the Vapochill? Pretty awesome overclock. Maybe one day i can check out the rig. I live in Pasco Florida.

:welcome:
There might be kentfeild compatable bios floating around on www.xtremesystems.org/forums/ somewere (serriabound(sp?) is in contact with ASUS dev. teams) that might have the 1333 strap option.
IIRC there is at least one member that ran a kentfeild on the P5B-Dlx, could search for that and try to get their attention.
be forward.. they can be kinda rude over there.

Back