• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AUX PWR (HDR 1x4)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jwalk2c

Thank You to all for such a great source of info.
I just bought all the parts to build a new computer based on the
D975XBX board. (Newegg 6 months same as cash makes it very tempting)
I have only built two systems before, one in 1998 and one in 2005.
So I know just enough to be dangerous.
This is my first Intel board I have bought but as soon as I opened the box I knew then I would never buy any other board besides Intel.
The documentation with this board is amazing.
And IMHO everything seems to be very high quality.
But as I said I am not familar with other boards.
My question is:
The "AUX PWR (HDR 1X4)" power input connector on the board.
This is unfamilar to me.:confused:
I use Antex power supplys (Just for the simple reason; I try to stay with one brand for each componet on all my computers, just to keep everything as simple as possible for my limited abilty.)
I was planning on using a SMARTPOWER 2.0 500 watt.
But it does not seem to have this output.
I assume that this 1X4 connector on motherboard is for graphics card?
I have a XFX 7800GT video card for this board.
Can I get by with this power supply until I can get one with the 1x4 output?
I did search this forum before I posted but I did not find HDR 1X4
Thank You Again
jwalk2c

Hi Welcome to the forums :)

You can use the supplied adapter for connecting your power supply, but I would go with a Neo 500 or 550 as they have native connectors without having to use the adapter suppplied with the Motherboard.

Cheers.
Rick

Are you talking about the molex connector next to the blue heatsink behind the rear panel network connector??? If so, that for extra power to the PCI-Express graphics slots for power hungry cards... It takes a standard molex connector from your power supply, like the one you plug into the DVD-ROM...

Thanks for your help

I am glad to hear that it is a molex connector:)
I have not looked at the board closley yet, just the instructions.
I am always amazed how the computer industry , which makes some of the most complex and ever more advancing hardware , and yet they manage to keep things as simple as possible.
I work in the auto/truck parts industry and a simple turn signal switch can have one design change , and it takes new harnesses,complex instructions, and even tech support can not explain how to make it work.
Thanks again
jwalk2c

Back