• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH vs. P5W64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thegamer36

Registered
The P5W64 vs. the newer revision P5W DH (1.85 vmch).

For a little more money you can get the P5W64, is it worth the extra money?

I see people are getting conflicting reports on better overclocks on the P5W64, can anyone really say it is better.

Thanks.

goodies as in 4 full length pci-e slots

+ workstation class board unlike the p5w dh which isn't exactly the most robust board about.....lots of them dying!!

and as greenmaji stated original ppl with the board were getting 450+.....now a few more ppl have the board and are getting even higher.

even with price bump this board >>>>> any other 975x board right now.

aw9d-max not far behind

Anybody know if this board is using the re-engineered 975x to support quad-core and DDR2 800? Will there be a revision of this board I wonder.

Im looking as Asus site and see it only supports DDR2 667 and nothing about quad.

No PCI2.2 on the P5W64? That stinks!

What is the scoop on 975 MoBo's that will support Quad Cores when they are released in November? What MoBo's are confirmed to work with the Quad Cores?

:cool:

marscay said:
goodies as in 4 full length pci-e slots

+ workstation class board unlike the p5w dh which isn't exactly the most robust board about.....lots of them dying!!
Where did you hear about this? Could you link us to a few cases? I have one and it runs smooth as silk since day one. I am 100% happy with this purchase. The P5W DH uses good quality components (caps at leaset) and is rock solid stable. Maybe I have had luck with ASUS boards as this is my third ASUS board (A7V, A8V-Dlx) which is rock solid stable!

Aye no probs here either, MB temp was a little high because i had turned around an air intake with my previous board to stop dust getting in.
Turned this back and now MB temp is in 30's.

Only issue i ever had with it was the remote control software stopped working, this was fixed by updating the drivers.

Cant say ive heard of ANY dying.......

I haven't heard of any P5W DH dx's dying either, and I troll quite a few different forums. Although I am prepared to stand corrected as well.

~jtjuska

Back