• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH OCing problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crfracer290

OK well I am having a hard time with OCing my e6600.This is being my first Intel chip, I might just not have a clue what I am doing. In the BIOS I cant not figure out how to change any of the critical settings I need to change, those being FSB, multi, RAM timings. Under CPU Config all I get is a bunch of mumbo jumbo settings that I have no idea what they mean. I am pretty much stumped right now. I have the newest BIOS, 1401. Is there any other things I need to install to get this to work...maybe something similar to the AMD dual core optimizier.

Ahh I am so confused.:confused: :bang head

Well, first thing is first.
Boot to the Bios and go to the "Advanced" tab. Select Jumperfree Configuration, then select Manual and you can start bumping up the FSB by holding the shift key and pressing the + key. Make sure to set your PCI Express Freq to 100 or 101 and lock your PCI Clock Sync to 33.33. You'll also see options for setting Dram Frequency Memory voltage and cpu voltage. You have to disable EIST to make any vcore adjustments. To do this, while in the advanced tab select Cpu Configuration and scroll to the end and disable Intel Speedstep. To adjust memory timings from the Advanced tab select Chipset and Disable Configure DRAM Timing by SPD.

Thanks dude! This new mobo is alot different from my old one so the help is really appreciated. Now its time to do some real OCing, none of that AI profile crap. :)

crfracer290 said:
Thanks dude! This new mobo is alot different from my old one so the help is really appreciated. Now its time to do some real OCing, none of that AI profile crap. :)

Just becareful and up the Vcore little by little.

Back