• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New D975XBX2 Oct 7th.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZGOZZ

Ok the new MB that will handle the new Xtreme Quad will be out Oct 7th,
and the new Quad Xtreme CPU will be out in November first part of the month.

I will get you all links.....

no guys I am a Intel and AMD and Nvidia reseller. I get the info right from them...

ZGOZZ said:
no guys I am a Intel and AMD and Nvidia reseller. I get the info right from them...

Any more info at all?

Like what's changed? Pricing?

Should I even wait for it?

Pricing will be the same.
quad 4 ready
Updated bios and no more crap with what reversion.
Wait the other board is going byby...

ZGOZZ said:
Pricing will be the same.
quad 4 ready
Updated bios and no more crap with what reversion.
Wait the other board is going byby...

Hmmm. October 7th is a Satuday...weird timing for a release date?

Anyway, will you have it in hand on October 7th or will it be weeks after the "release" date before we can even buy it?

This is what I was told, not the first odd date and will not be the last...

I will have it that week, I do not know about New Egg or other online stores.

And Welcome to the Forum Man

ZGOZZ said:
This is what I was told, not the first odd date and will not be the last...

I will have it that week, I do not know about New Egg or other online stores.

And Welcome to the Forum Man

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

Oh man, that means my processor will sit here for (at least) another week. :( And RAM pricing is going up by the day.

Do you do mail order? :)

There is new ram coming out from corsair D line, nasty set of ram...

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/dominator.html

The XMS2 DOMINATORTM DDR2 Performance Memory

The latest step in Corsair's ten year heritage of innovation in performance memory: we've redefined memory heat sink technology. And the result is unprecedented performance and reliability.
XMS2 DOMINATOR MODULES
PART NUMBER SPEED SIZE LATENCY ORGANIZATION FAN OTHER
TWIN2X2048-8500C5D XMS2-8500 2048MB 5-5-5-15-2T 2X240DIMM No EPP, SLI Certified
TWIN2X2048-8888C4DF XMS2-8888 2048MB 4-4-4-12-2T 2X240DIMM Yes EPP, SLI Certified
Protect Components While You Push Performance

Pushing performance specs generates heat, and that can compromise reliability and component life. The advanced cooling ability of Dual-path Heat Xchange (DHX) heat sinks keeps your memory safe and reliable even as you push it to the limit. Under the name XMS2 DOMINATOR, this DHX technology will be showing up on both Corsair parts designed for extreme overclocking and on memory designed for performance computing and gaming.
Why Performance DDR2 Memory Must Have Superior Heat Dissipation

Heat is the enemy of your computer's key components. Heat will slow down your system and impact long term reliability. And the more you tweak components for performance, the more heat is generated. With traditional DDR2 memory the standard method of chip packaging involves a BGA (Ball Grid Array). In a BGA, small balls of solder, organized as a grid, are the leads that connect the device to the module circuit board. The innovative first path is through the leads of the BGA chips into the printed circuit board (PCB). When BGA devices are soldered on to a memory module, an all-metal thermal path is created from the surface of the RAM to the copper ground plane of the PCB. This thermal path provides very efficient heat removal. In fact, a study by Micron Semiconductor (application note TN-00-08) indicated that well over half of the heat generated by a memory module is removed in this manner.
Corsair's Unique Dual-path Heat Xchange (DHX) Solves the Problem

Corsair's engineers have developed a unique design that maximizes heat dissipation, even in the most extremely overclocked DDR2 module. The results of recent benchmarks speak for themselves: A DOMINATOR heat sink assembly, using DHX technology and the addition of the Airflow fan, allowed a Corsair module to reach reliable performance at PC8888 or 1111MHz at CAS 4 settings.
DHX Technology uses two paths for the heat to escape from a memory module

1. Conventional dissipation through the front of the BGA chips into a pair of super efficient heat sinks
2. Additional dissipation through the back of the BGA devices and through the circuit board.

Forced airflow further enhances the performance of the module

Optional DOMINATOR Airflow Fan Boosts Cooling Ability Even More

If you are really planning to push the envelope, choose a DOMINATOR module that includes the optional Airflow fan.
All Modules Feature Enhanced Performance Profiles (EPP)

Corsair and NVIDIA have jointly developed a new open standard that enhanced the Serial Presence Detect (SPD). This exciting new development simplifies the overclocking process while ensuring platform and component compatibility. EPP compatible motherboards can access and take advantage of added performance capability and information. The result: simplified overclocking for beginners and unparalleled control for experts. All XMS2 DOMINATOR modules feature EPP.

SimbaLion said:
Any news??? Why is it so quiet about the BX2? I barely see anyone care about it...

SimbaLion Welcome to the forum

Something is not right, I call my Intel rep waiting to hear from him....:bang head

ZGOZZ said:

SimbaLion Welcome to the forum

Something is not right, I call my Intel rep waiting to hear from him....:bang head

Thanks for the welcome (even though I got welcomed a few posts up...:p)

I am eagerly awaiting any news. It's unbearable just having all the hardware sitting around except for a mobo. I might jump on something if the wait is any longer. :(

I'm impressed. Clearly Intel has wised up and is catering to enthusiast. 433FSB, if it can do it stable, is more them my P5W DH does.... It's an attractive board.

Ok it is out and it being shipped.
It should hit the D centers in the nexy couple of days.

Let you all know............

ZGOZZ said:
Ok it is out and it being shipped.
It should hit the D centers in the nexy couple of days.

Let you all know............
Crap now I have to buy a CPU and RAM! I wanted to wait. lol

Back