• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH and AI Booster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Volt

Couldn't find any mention of this problem anywhere else in the forums, so it's looks like I have to ask for your help.

Running 1305 bios. I've slowly been upping the settings in order to oc my rig. Today I bumped it up a little more and when the AI Booster came onto the screen, it showed that the CPU Utilization was back down to a default setting. Everest comfirmed this. AIB showed the voltages where I set them, but not the CPU freq.

So I did a restart to enter bios, and what do ya know, all my settings were exactly the way I left them. The CPU freq. was at 370, multi was the same, voltages were where I left them, etc.

I've gone back to the last settings that have worked and everything's fine.

What is causing the change from BIOS "Save and Exit" to Windows? And why, when I return to BIOS, is everything unchanged?

Is there something I have enabled or disabled wrong?

Let me know if you need any more info than what I've supplied.

Have you got EIST enabled in the bios? If you have this and a differant power profile enabled then it will downclock when not under load.

Rob

Back