• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Format before installing P5W- DH?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sl4vik

Banned for warez discussion, flaming, being an ign
Hey guys, I'm getting my new mobo this thursday along with the E6600. I have a raptor drive that is full of stuff I don't want to get rid off, on C partition.

Can I just reinstall windows on C partition without formattiong F or C? Or do I have to wipe both partitions?

Thanks guys, I don't want to have any problems.

If you want reinstall windows it will fromat C drive, the F partition will not be effected. Probably if you turn you system with that hard drive it will boot into windows without any problems if you had that hard drive in intel based setup.

meionm said:
If you want reinstall windows it will fromat C drive, the F partition will not be effected. Probably if you turn you system with that hard drive it will boot into windows without any problems if you had that hard drive in intel based setup.
No. it will give you the option to format any drive or partition that exixts. If you inatall another copy of windows (and leave the original there) you will dual boot...old install/new install. The old install may/may not boot successfully (drivers won't match new MOBO.
And you will have to reinstall all your programs onto the new install.

My! What a perfect oportunity to do a fresh, clean install!

Just back up any important files and blow it all away. A new MB is an excellent opportunity to start with a fresh XP install. That said, XP does rot over time.

Back