• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big problem with Asus mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FeuerFrei

Hey all,

One of my friends have an asus p4b266 socket 478 w/ a pentium willamette 1.6

The problem is, he tried to clean the dust out of his comp with an hairdryer (mucho static). Now the computer doesn't post at all, I can just hear the fan spin when I push the button. I think the mobo is dead because I tried to:
1. swap the PSU
2. Remove RAM- no beep, no POST
3. Remove Gfx-no beep, no POST
4. Remove CPU- no beep, no post
5. Unplug everything but the PSU- no beeps, no POST

All with CMOS resets in between

The funky thing is that HD and CDs still work, and the onboard leds light up when mobo is powered

EDIT: With all removed, I got a police-like beep, on two tones. It's like beeeepppp buuuuppppp beeeeep buuuuup

Last edited:
i had one of them boards, or have one here in some computer somewhere.
that can happen from the weirdest things, like you moved the CMOS clearer, but didnt move it back, you put a HD wire on and its in the wrong place, a led wire is reversed.
the first thing i would check from what your saying, is the WIRING, from the motherboard to the case. and all the jumpers. remove all the case wires, follow along with the manuel and insure no misteaks are made on the jumper settings.
chances are its just something stupid, well with ME it always was :)

Back