• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5B Deluxe vs Asus P5B-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
board hits 500FSB due to the 965 C2 Chipset, has RAID unlike a the P5B, has Firewire unlike the P5B, better caps, wait till Mondayish and I'll give you an idea of how it clocks

damn, thanks dice. Looking forward to hearing your results. Im going to be purchasing my motherboard in the new few weeks.

You can with hacked drivers but its not worth it. They second PCIx16 slot only runs at 4x speed.

Now for the P5B-Deluxe are you referring to the Deluxe or the 'Deluxe/WIFI

The big difference between the E and the Deluxe series are the PCI slots. The deluxe has 1 PCIx1 compared to the E's 3 PCIx1 slots. The Deluxe has 2 PCIx16 slots with one that runs at a full 16 while the second runs at only 4times, while the E only has 1 PCIx16 slot.

so the only difference for you is the Pcix16 slots? All other features are the same? perfomance wise?

fact of the matter is this board was made to compete against the P5B not the Deluxe. Its meant to be a no frills overclocker.

from what I have seen at XS yes. 400-500 FSB if your ram can handle it. Mine was delievered today. I might get it tonight (at school), but if not I'll get it this weekend. But they're be a Presler in it for a couple weeks or so.

Everything is the same with the 2 boards but the PCI slots. Both use the 965 chipset so they should equally oc the same.

Back