• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i am SOOOO CLOSE to 4ghz its not even funny... help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

OK with my current system (se siggy) i can boot no problem at 3.915ghz (435x9) @ 1.6v vcore (max MCH auto fsb termination) but if i try to go the extra 10mhz on the fsb i can get to the windows desktop but it just freezes shortly after.... i curently have a screaming 40mm fan on my main chipset hs so i dont think cooling is a prob....

That extra 10fsb requires sooo much more vcore to get it to even boot this is why i think its the mobo.... i have heard ppl not gettin much above 430... the lucky ones grabing 450 fsb with the P5W dh.

im not complaing about this CRAZY overclock.... mid 12sec super pi 1m runs IS INSANE!!!! thats 4x as fast as my old p4 3.0c but to get THIS close to 4ghz and not be able to go all the way is SOOOO MEAN!!!!!! i wanna join the 4ghz club lol!!!

N e ways what settings should i looking at and are there n e mods i should do to mabey increase the mch voltage past 1.85v... @ 1.85v it never gets over 105*F as reported by a probe on the bottom of the main chipset hs with AS5 on the chip set...

N E ways thanks for helping me reach the great 4ghz...... im SOOOOOOOO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!! i dont care if its just stable enought to get a cpuz SS and a cpuz validation file... and MABEY a super pi 1m run..... but just the whole 4ghz thing... i think you guys get me

well i can't help you from experience since i have never been close to 4 ghz on my 6600's, 3.6 is my best folding stable 724 ... running 1.5VC on water. I had some higher speed boots but unless orthos stable, i don't bother pushing any higher since i build em to fold.

I recall there are some mods Ross did to one? back in july/august i think.... probably over on the intel forum. There is a sticky for the p5w dh over on XS that may also have links to the vch, vdroop and vddr mods.

Last edited:
nd4spdbh2 said:
wowo 43 views and no reviews... surely someone has sometype of input.

I have the same setup and I am at 3.9 as well. Post ALL of your settings so i can we where i can give you a pointer. Also how much Vdroop do you have? Ram settings as well, i have 3 sets of the same ram you have.

Back