• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH how to enter raid setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

regnim

Registered
Manual says to hit CTRL+I during post but I never enter the intel raid setup. Is it CTRL+shift+I as in Intel or is it L as in Larry or no shift or....?? Raid is turned on in bios, Thanks.

regnim said:
Manual says to hit CTRL+I during post but I never enter the intel raid setup. Is it CTRL+shift+I as in Intel or is it L as in Larry or no shift or....?? Raid is turned on in bios, Thanks.

in the bios make sure IDE Configurations is set to RAID. Then hit Ctrl I when the Intel MAtrix Storage bootrom appears.

Hmmmm, I never see the boot rom message. Do you have to have 2 SATA drives connected to see the boot rom message? On my old motherboard I could make an array on just one drive. I only have one spare SATA drive for playing around at this time.

Yes it is on in bios. Turns out you do have to have two drives attached. With only one attached the boot loader is skipped and ctrl I is ignored. Now, how to trouble shoot a drive that is offline if you can not get to the Matrix Storage Manager at boot time. Unless the boot rom is only skipped when a unformatted drive is first attached. Maybe if it is part of an array it the controller will not skip loading the boot rom.

if you cant get in when there is no array capacity that is rather unlike raid controllers. what if it was busted, you should be able to at least look.

of the FEW times i entered the p5b bios, if i remember right, you need to send the CTRL-I (as in INGOT) to THAT bios, not the main bios. as if it is a seperated item.
mabey that will help, right when you see the intel bios come up hit the ctrl and I then.
i know that is what you would have to do with a fully seperated raid card. not postive about this one though.

course if the intel bios doesnt appear, then you cant do that, but i thought it handled single disks, i have a "spare" on it that is not connected in any way to the regular raid, if the raid goes down, i will need my spare.

Unformatted or formatted , it didnt seem to mater
different ports for the connection didnt mater, as long as they all were on the intel sata side

did the drive SPIN? was it recognised in the main bios even thought it will not be used that way?

Last edited:
Psycogeec said:
did the drive SPIN? was it recognised in the main bios even thought it will not be used that way?

Yes the drive was seen by the bios as a non raid drive even though the controller was in the raid mode in the bios. When windows came up the drive and data were available as a non raid drive. Even the Intel utility saw it as a non raid drive. As soon as I attached a second drive the boot loader appeared and I could hit ctrl+I to get into the create array menu. Confusing.

Back