• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Monitor Signal??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
I got my new computer parts today but after hooking tehm all up i dont get a video signal I tried multiple video cards and unplugged all extrenous perhiphreals but to no avail. Does anyone have anyideas how to fix this. I am able to hear hte hd being accesed like it normally would i just dont get any visuals help

Jon Austin

whooping_a_panda said:
I got my new computer parts today but after hooking tehm all up i dont get a video signal I tried multiple video cards and unplugged all extrenous perhiphreals but to no avail. Does anyone have anyideas how to fix this. I am able to hear hte hd being accesed like it normally would i just dont get any visuals help

Jon Austin

Well, if you tried multiple cards, the only thing left is to try that monitor with a different computer to test it.

ohh yes the monitor in question is also being used on my old computer at htis moment wiht teh graphics card that was formally in the new one... so neither of these parts are faulty

I just dug out my old pci voodoo 2 and tried that but im still getting no signal, so i know its not just agp slot thats bad... mer

HELP

Perhaps giving the specs would help.

Motherboard
Vid Card
Monitor
Power Supply size.

Those sort of things. Sounds to me like it's 1 of 2 things. Either the motherboard is bad or the power supply isn't putting out enough juice. If it's an old motherboard there might be a jumper you can change to maybe give more juice to the slot. Have you checked bios settings. Make sure AGP is enabled if there is a setting for that. Make sure it initializes AGP first. All that kind of stuff. I'm of course assuming the card is AGP.

ok ill give ya hte specs

Mobo- FIC AZ11 not cutting edge new but its not horribly old either

processor- AMD T-bird 950 with a 200 mhz bus
(I also have a duron 750 kickin around if that would help)

Video Card(s)- So far ive tried a geforce 3, tnt 2 ultr, and a voodoo 2 (i really dont htink the video cards are the problem because all cards working)

Power Supply- 300 watts

Ive also tried 2 monitors both of witch are in working condition. Im thinking it might be a bad mobo

Laugh yeah I guess it would be tough to change the bios if you can't see it. So you've tried other cards also with no luck. You've cleared the CMOS so doubtful you could have an improper setting with the chip or anything like that. Normally RAM gives a bad sound when it isn't installed properly. Hmmm. Sounds to me like the motherboard is bad. That's the best I can come up with. Course on several occassions I've thought the motherboard was bad only to find out I had something screwed up. So maybe someone else could offer some support. Might want ask in the video card forum though. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Well, you seem to have covered all of the bases, pci and agp, multiple vid cards, multiple monitors...

Any funny beeps? It just seems strange...

Does it seem like it is going through the full boot, but you just can't see anything? Does the Hd access enough to look like it is booting. What about the keyboard, when it stops booting can you turn the Num lock on an off, etc?

It does sound like it goes through the full boot, i dont get any wierd beeps. I dont see any keyboard lighs eitther. and i cant turn tehm on or off this is getting very bothersom

I've run into a similar situation several times with FIC motherboards and to this day can't explain what the problem was. What worked for me was to remove everything from the system and start over from scratch, just like you were building a new one. Again, I don't know what the problem was but they all worked after that.

Once I've gotten the systems up and running, they have been some of the most stable systems that I've built, a bit limited as far as overclocking, but very stable.

Good Luck!

You could try wiggling everything around a little to make sure that it's properly seated. Basically the same as FRANK's advice, but a little quicker.

the same thing happened to me on my first system
but only to find out my cpu got burned got burned real good
but not to scare you
Good luck!

well my processor is in one piece and i doubt that it is fried either, because like i said i have an extra 750 duron kicking around and wiht that in it does the same thing. Im going to take everything out and start over much as what frank suggested, if not ill spring the 100 dollars for a new epox board :) yay ddr ram :)

Back