• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a conroe rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tat-2

Hi,
I'm new at the forums and have been reading everthing I can about building a conroe rig.

I'm still not sure which mobo is right for what I want.

I have it down to a Asus PB5 or PB5-E, as I don't plan on using Raid or a top end video card. (considering 7300/7600 series nvidia) as only occasionall gamer (ROE/GW).

This will be a huge upgrade from my p4 2.39 northwood 800fsb/Rambus 512meg system. (dell 8250)

I would be open to other mobo suggestions that support e6400 conroe. I'm not a big overclocker but, would like the option :)

I have built computers in the past just not recently.

BTW: If you think 2G of ddr2 800 is high at $250, you should check out 512 meg pc1066 rambus $490 for 1gig! -hence new rig comming.

TIA,

tat-2

if raid is not a consideration or many bonus options and functionality get a DS3, it lacks intel matrix raid but still has decent raid controller. Also it lacks the second ethernet connection, other than that it seems to be just as good as the Asus, only thing you might want to take into consideration is the DS3 wont be able to run the quad cores until the rev2's are out this month, so if you want quad core later and wanna buy a mobo now then get a p5b deluxe.

Back