• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Average Limit for DS3???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It seems it depends on your RAM and which CPU: Allendale (2 MB cache) and Conroe (4 MB cache).
3.2 GHz seems to be obtainable with a 6300 (1.86GHz). I'm runnin one on a DS3 at 3.4GHz with 2 GB cheapo Patriot 667 RAM. Fairly inexpensive system and beats the crap out of my AMD 3700+ at 2.85.

Very much depends on RAM, CPU, and power supply. Also helps to put active cooling on the chipset, stock, the DS3 comes with passive cooling.

I got my E6300 up to 3ghz, but I could tell the PSU couldn't push enough juice. I'll soon be getting a Sparkle 550w, or a PCP&C 610w, and possibly some Kingston HyperX 900mhz DDR2.

Last edited:
I have an E6400. Highest FSB at 8x multi has been 458. Highest FSB at 7x multi has been 520.

Core 2 Duo users dont use allot of power, so as long as you have a 500w+ PSU you shouldnt have to worry about this.

Like everyone said, there are no general averages. Each chip seems to be handled differently from the BIOS. The X6800 on F7 isnt very OC-able.

Things will change in the next 5-6 months and more and more people will get higher and higher OC.

Rest assured that you have one of the greatest MoBo's made. Gigabyte as a company doesnt build crap.

Just thank god that you didnt buy an Asus. Lots of Asus Fanboys will disagree with me on this, but I have personal experiance.

Mike

Back