• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hard Disk Setup on mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sickz

Hey dude's i have the 965P-DS3 mobo and im new with this sata stuff..

Got a new 160gig seagate sata hard disk.... in order to make it run at full potential do i plug it into the purple sata slots or the Yellow?

Also Will this make it my primary master....???

I also have an IDE HarD Disk in which i would likek to run... at Seconday... Would i set that to slave or master as well?

Sickz said:
Hey dude's i have the 965P-DS3 mobo and im new with this sata stuff..

Got a new 160gig seagate sata hard disk.... in order to make it run at full potential do i plug it into the purple sata slots or the Yellow?

Also Will this make it my primary master....???

I also have an IDE HarD Disk in which i would likek to run... at Seconday... Would i set that to slave or master as well?

It doesnt matter where you plug it in... Ive heard things about certain ports having specific features, that wont be enabled till Vista. You can also always move these ports around.

The top port is labeled one. Im not sure what the purples do, but I dont do RAID, and so I dont know if and what this has to do with that.

Their is no Primary master in SATA. Each Drive is its own channel. It doesnt share anything like PATA did.

Back