• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me pick a motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n5bail

I'm looking for a motherboard that is going to be able to support core 2 quadro but also will support the core 2 E6400. I plan on buying the E6400 or a Pentium D 805 in a few weeks and I would like to upgrade to the quadro sometime down the road. I also plan on overclocking. I don't have much of a budget and I would like to get a board that will last.

I was looking at the P5b deluxe. But is there anything else out there better that I can overclock my E6400/ 805 on?

-Nate

Last edited:
look at the gigabyte DS3/S3 or when its finally out the biostar Tforce 965p. if your looking for something with cf/sli i would suggest the DFI infinity 975 its $174 at the egg ATM.

Thanks for the help. I think i'm going to go with the p5w64. My dad wants be to make him a cheap build and i'm debating using a e6300 or 805. What would be a better board for my dads build assuming he's not going anything more than play solitaire and use word.

n5bail said:
Thanks for the help. I think i'm going to go with the p5w64. My dad wants be to make him a cheap build and i'm debating using a e6300 or 805. What would be a better board for my dads build assuming he's not going anything more than play solitaire and use word.
if your not ocing the rig then go with the gigiabyte 965p-s3 and e6300. even at stock speeds the e6300 givs the 805D a real beating. even running things stock volts you could oc it to 333fsb and it would be a nice boost. if you don oc and want a nice quiet computer look at getting a Ninja hs with a yateloon or 2. i suggest the e6300 over the 80d as it runs cooler and uses less power.

Back