• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a Celeron D 326 2.53

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glaucorocha

Hi all.

I´m trying to buy a new kit to overclock and, in the past, i had goos experiences with Celeron Processors (333@416, 566@815). So, i wanna try this new ones.
I had no much money and I must do what my packet can do.

I had this video card in the link below:
http://www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listConfigurationDetails.jspa?productConfigurationId=268341

I would like to buy this hardware:

Intel Celeron D 326 2.53 Gh BOX Processor (or maybe a 2.8, I dont know)
Motherboard Asus P5PE-VM (I dont know if its good)
2 memories Sansung or Kingstone DDR-400 to use dual-channel.

Will I get a good overclock with this hardware???
Wich motherboard (slot 775, AGP and dual-channel) is good for overclock for a good price, at moment?

I need a help...

Thanks a lot...

The most important thing when choosing these Celly Ds (when using a cheapo motherboard) is what multiplier you're getting because you're going to want to set the FSB to 200MHz and fly with it at that speed. Most cheapy boards won't do much more than 220-250 in my experience on the Intel side of things (which is limited but I have dealt with ASRock P4 boards and other inexpensive ones).

That board (according to the newegg review) lacks FSB adjustment. You'll want to make sure the board has that along with rudimentary voltage options.

Back