• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reccomend Best board for my setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ManowarII

Registered
My Asus P5W DH Resulted defective (B channels dont work) and i was thinking of perhaps getting a different one instead of a replacement...

So my question is which board will give me the BEST performance with the following hardware:

Conroe 6600
Ati X1900XT
F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ (1GB x 2)

Thanks

the abit aw9d-max is a nice board out of the box its ocing 425-450mhz abit is still working on the bios. its around 225 IIRC, about the only one atm i can recommend. unless you looking for something cheaper...

Evilsizer said:
the abit aw9d-max is a nice board out of the box its ocing 425-450mhz abit is still working on the bios. its around 225 IIRC, about the only one atm i can recommend. unless you looking for something cheaper...

So this Abit board beats the P5W?

ManowarII said:
So this Abit board beats the P5W?
considering the features and price the abit wins IMO but bios is still being worked on for higher fsb ocs.

kfc said:
P5B-D

No contest
well considing he has/had a 975 board the next logical best ocing 975 is the abit. now if he started with a 965 board then yes the p5b-d would be the one to recommend.

ManowarII said:
how about that new abit board? how does it compare?
if your cpu was clocked the same in 965 vs 975. 975 wins its just that much better clock for clock. now if you want to just oc as high as possible then the p5b-dlx/p5b-e is the boards to look at 500mhz+ fsb.

Back