• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Deluxe Guide??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

A-Rapture

Disabled
Hey I am looking for a P5B Deluxe guide for overclocking cause I must be doing something wrong as when I overclock I cant seem to boot from Sata harddrive into windows.
The bios no longer see's the Drive untill I restore the non overclocked settings.

Here are my oveclock settings.

FSB 320
Pci lock 33.33
Pci-E 100
DDR Volt 2.1
Cpu Volt 1.35 also tried 1.4 but I can boot using less so 1.35 is fine
Even tried to use A.I. OverClock by 20 and 30% but get Harddrive error's
My temps stay at about 50c but feels a hell of a lot cooler then that the heat sink feels almost cold to luke-ish warm definitly not no 50c.
Yes the heatsink is on all the way and yes I am using the stock HSF.
Anyone have any idea's?
Please help I am trying not only to get my system setup and running but I am trying to helpout another forum member get his up and running.

Pci lock 33.33
Pci-E 100

^ that should be fixing the problem, your mentioning.
try also the "LINK" set the link to slow.
ATI says unless the link is on slow, its not "normal"
they say its to fast on normal and fast ???

cant think of anything else, them 2 things you got done SHOULD be covering it. if you still get nothing, and somebody WAS previously running with an "UNLOCKED" pci buss, then clear the cmos jumper and reset it all before first boot.

the other thing is , ignoring that you THINK its a Overclock problem, what Drive TYPE settings are you using that is causing it?
are you only using "IDE" settings or advanced or raid? cause it resets to IDE.
you are leving the intel IDE BIOS enabled in the motherboard bios right?

is your problem ONLY in the bios? are we assuming here you dont even get past the bios to any OS?

WHAT Sata connecors are you using? cause the jmicro connector in the back there, is different.
we just assume here, that your using the big group of INTEL sata connectors like normal.

ahh, hey how about ram? underclock your ram speed for a sec, and see if that works. without clean operational ram mabey the hard drive is the first to notice.
if you set manuel settings, but left the ram on auto, it could be really wrong, OCing your ram more than it will work for without reduced timings.

the AIovercloking stuff, is almost worthless, it is missing controlling something?? i quite dealing with it, as it doesnt know what its doing , even though neither did i :)

Last edited:
Back