• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Differences B/T P5WDH dlx and P5B dlx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ManowarII

Registered
What are the main differences between these board?

Which on is faster?

Which on overclocks better?

Thanks

The biggest differences are the chipsets used.

The P5WDH uses the Intel 975x chipset whereas the P5B dlx uses the P965 chipset. The P5B will yeild a higher overclock in most cases (unless you have a really bad memory or cpu) but the P5W DH will be faster clock for clock than the P5B.

Also so far the P5W DH's haven't been clocking much past 400fsb and even that isn't common iirc. Hope this helps

~jtjuska

Just about every P5W DH I have seen including mine does 400FSB rock solid stable, mine tops out at about 430FSB. The P5B Deluxe will OC higher, around 450FSB easily and some hit 500. P5W DH also supports true 8x 8x Crossfire. Either board is very good, just depends on what you're after.

Ranger....could you post or PM me your Bios setting for voltages and so forth that get you your 3.2Ghz stable 24/7 setup? I am currently stuck at 2.93 with practically the same setup.

Thanks for the update ranger, I couldn't remember the specifics of the P5W DH. I knew that you or someone more knowledgable than myself would drop on in and put the facts straight.

~jtjuska

RangerXLT8 said:
Just about every P5W DH I have seen including mine does 400FSB rock solid stable, mine tops out at about 430FSB. The P5B Deluxe will OC higher, around 450FSB easily and some hit 500. P5W DH also supports true 8x 8x Crossfire. Either board is very good, just depends on what you're after.

When you say the P5W dh supports true 8x / 8x crossfire... what does the p5b support... 8x and 4x??!?!?!?

and yes the main diff is the chipset.... the P5B dlx will overclock higher but clock for clock the P5W dh will slightly win in benchies and what not because the timming on the chipset are tighter..... I WONDER is it possible to loosen the timings on the 975 chipset to allow for a higher overclock... if so that would be GREAT... i top out at 435fsb and that leaves me SOOO CLOSE to 4ghz with my E6600 its not even funny.

Back