• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New P5B Dlx BIOS - 711

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ross

Senior Intel-lectual
Link

I haven't tried it yet, just saw it on the FTP and it's official on the ASUS site.

P5B Deluxe Release BIOS version 0711
1. Fix DRAM frequency incorrectly display problem under auto, standard and AI N.O.S mode
2. Add check ATI CrossFire VGA card routine
3. Add ASUS Cross Graphics Impeller (ASUS C.G.I) feature
4. Reduce system full reset of times
5. Patch some VGA card can''t found when NB Vcore value has been set too high
6. Fix DDR frequency 889 unstable by SPD
7. Enable support for NVIDIA 7950GX2 cards under recovery mode
8. Fix CPU frequency not correct when use ES CPU and lock free fuction enable
9. Fix memory display message not correct under multi-language
10. Add new CPU Ucode to support Kentsfield B3 stepping CPU
11. Fix chassis fan 2 speed not correct when fan speed too low
12. Fix ATI CrossFire can''t work when using with 800FSB Prescott CPU
13. Enhance Chassis Q-Fan sensitivity
14. Improve memory compatibility

Nice ;) I am still waiting for my rig to decide it wants to turn on after locking in last night's benching, then I'll give it a try.

Good luck Epox...let me know how it works out. I am hoping it has the fix I need :)

Yeah, confirmed tried my self, it works even on my D805, surely this is a good news for vapo user ! :)

bing said:
Yeah, confirmed tried my self, it works even on my D805, surely this is a good news for vapo user ! :)
I've been using a secondary power supply for mine, this is great news.

That's awesome news! I am so tired of using a 2nd PSU, but it kinda came with the territory since the P5WD2...maybe as far back as the P5DA2-E, but I can't quite remember that long ago :)

Anyone else noticed that CPU speed is INCORRECT in bios/boot-up ? Even at 320 fsb - which is 2.88 gig - it says 2.99 gig ! Mate with same motherboard just upgraded to same bios release and his is the same ! anyone else getting this.

In windows/ CPU-Z its fine .. correct reading.

BUT ORTHOS was unstable 10 MHz below what was stable at 4:5 with 06 release !

:(

Mark.

Thanks Bing- have you seen the CPU speed incorrectly reported in bios before then ? Presumably it doesn't do any harm does it ? Its just for a few reasons its a pain in the neck to get to the CMOS reset.

I think Orthos wasn't stable as I set the CPU voltage one notch too low - forgot what settings I'd had before - so I think thats OK now.

Mark.

hey! its a BETA bios, man you should said that :eek:
Course its a kick butt beta bios that works pretty durn good
hey i think i MISS that double boot now, just doesnt seem right , anymore, i had got used to it :D

Thaks for the info, specially the part about it fixing the double boot, that would be the only reason i would have wanted to change mine. the doubble boot, that would, the doubble boot, you know the one, that doubble boot ARGGG.

why do you say its a beta bios ? Doesn't say anywhere that it is ? says "Release 0711"

Mark.

Yeah, there's nothing on the ASUS site about it being BETA...pretty sure it's an official release.

I know its been asked before, but I've just searched around lots and lots of threads, what vcores are "safe" for 24/7 on air ? I've got up to with this bios 357x9, which is 3.22 but Vcore is @ 1.46. (E6600 processor) - max temps in Orthos blend, using TAT to monitor temps is 54C, and MB temp 40C

thanks,

Mark.

Buckster said:
why do you say its a beta bios ? Doesn't say anywhere that it is ? says "Release 0711"

Mark.

cause when i went to asus to get it it had said that, but it doesnt any more.

cause when i went to asus to get it it had said that, but it doesnt any more.
It didn't say beta at any time for me before or after I posted, but I noticed they changed the date and stuff on it too, so it might have been listed as beta at some point. In any case, if it said beta when I saw it, I would've said so ;)

I know its been asked before, but I've just searched around lots and lots of threads, what vcores are "safe" for 24/7 on air ? I've got up to with this bios 357x9, which is 3.22 but Vcore is @ 1.46. (E6600 processor) - max temps in Orthos blend, using TAT to monitor temps is 54C, and MB temp 40C
That probably depends how brave you are or how high your temps get...which ever comes first ;) There's no real answer to your question. "Safe" to some is default Vc and only default Vc. For others, it might be 1.65Vc or whatever the cooling allows :shrug:

What is this "Asus C.G.I."? It's under the NB chipset options.. I don't remember it in the 614. What should it be set at, auto, enable, or disable?

Back