• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem With 8KNXP Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atkh2o

ok so ive started having this weird problem with my setup recently which really goes over my head :rolleyes: b4 i say anything else ill tell u my setup.

P4 3.0, OCZ 1 GB ram, GA 8KNXP Mobo, audigy 2 ZS pro, Sapphire 850xt pe,
1 RAPTOR SATA 35 GB just for windows, 1 SATA 200 GB HDD, 1 SATA 300 GB HDD, 2 IDE 200 GB HDD, 2 SAMSUMG DVD Burners..

so basically thats my setup...i added the 2 IDES recently 2 months back and had not installed windows since then, so now i tried to do a fresh install of windows on my PC and for some strange reason when im promted to choose the drive i want to install my windows on its showing all my drives in diff order :S, my raptor which was my C:\ is now my E:\ and my C:\ is being showed as one of my IDE's and so on. so someone gave me this bright idea that unplung all ur drives from ur comp except the one u want to setup ur windows on and install as it will be C:\ and u can plug ur drives after installation. so i did that and i installed windows and pluged my drives in latter but theres a problem, whenever my PC starts it says cannot find NTLDR or cannot find windows or something or the other and it restarts :confused:... now to add more drama to it, if theres a CD in one of my drives thats bootable and during PC start if it prompts that do u wish to boot from CD and if i dont hit any key it boots my Windows... if i take the CD out it will again say cannot find Windows or somethings corrupt. if i disable the IDE's also then windows starts... anyways i cant seem to figure out whats wrong, really need help.... what could be the problem... why are all my drive letters wrong when trying to install windows and if i unplug my drives b4 installation and plug them after why does it say cannot find windows. also i wish i could format my drives but i really cant, all of them are filled with DATA :( really need help....

oh and i also updated my BIOS thinking maybe that would help. did it 1 hour back using @BioS using internet update..!!

thanking anyone who can help

i never do the internet update for bios, its just too painful, i download an do it all through the bios itself

as for your windows installation problems, i had the same thing before. what i would suggest to you is (what i did, but there might be another answer) is to just unplugg the drives that you do not want to see. for example, if you want to install on one main drive, then unplugg all the others in order to the setup to recognize only one drive. when your dont installing, then just plug the suckers back in.

hope that helps, quick and simple.

fAlCoNNiAn said:
i never do the internet update for bios, its just too painful, i download an do it all through the bios itself

as for your windows installation problems, i had the same thing before. what i would suggest to you is (what i did, but there might be another answer) is to just unplugg the drives that you do not want to see. for example, if you want to install on one main drive, then unplugg all the others in order to the setup to recognize only one drive. when your dont installing, then just plug the suckers back in.

hope that helps, quick and simple.

thanks for ur reply, but as u see in my post i mentioned that i did try that but somehow after i plug my drives in after installing windows,it keep's promtpting me that cannot find windows or windows is corrupt plz repair or NTLDR missing. no one here who can help me out :confused:

are you sure that your boot process is correct? press Ctrl+F1 when your in the bios, it should open up more advanced menus. then goto the boot process and slect hard drive, make sure that the drive which you have windows installed on is first.

Back