• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little Gigabyte DS3 help please. Windows won't install.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dak125

Registered
I'm 99% sure this is a driver issue. It's either that or my forgetfullness when it comes to building PC's.

Sytem specs:
Gigabyte DS3
E6300
2 gigs of RAM
WD 400GB RE2

Basically Windows setup is not showing the true partitions nor the true size of my hard drive. I went through the format and copying of Windows files and then when it reboot it just stuck on the PCI device list.

Here is the manual for my motherboard. I initially had the SATA plugged in GSATA110. Now it's plugged in SATA110.

Right now I'm using Gigabyte driver GBB363 AHCI. After some googling I confirmed that that is in fact the right driver (I think!) and now I'm copying Windows files over again.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Update:

That didn't work :(. Anyone know which port I'm supposed to plug my SATA plug into?

I got it working!

I'm at 2.6GHZ on the stock heatsink with 4-4-4-12 timings with some craptastic ram. It won't go higher yet :(.

Back