• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitoring software recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boead

Registered
I used Mother Board Monitor for years but it doesn’t work with the Asus P5B or most new boards. It’s a shame, it was certainly one of the best written of its type.

I’ve tried more then a half dozen different applications and haven’t found one yet that places a simple temp reading down by my clock or at least on the taskbar. That’s all I’m really looking for and something MMB did well and accurately.

What is your favorite monitoring application?

I too used MBM all the time. I still believe it is the best at what it did. That being said, I've tried tons of other apps to match what MBM did and my fav is Everest. I really hated speedfan for some reason....

everest is the best i have found
ATI Tray Tools has built in support for reading temps, voltages, etc... its nice to use an overlay and always know your GPU temp, CPU temp, voltages, fanspeeds, etc

smokie mcpott said:
everest is the best i have found
ATI Tray Tools has built in support for reading temps, voltages, etc... its nice to use an overlay and always know your GPU temp, CPU temp, voltages, fanspeeds, etc

Thanks, just bought Everest Ultimate v301. Its real nice and does what I want and much more.

The overlay reading are nice and it has an ‘always on top’ option but it doesn’t stay on top of games – too bad.

if you havent tried ati tray tools out, give it a shot its a very robust program, and it will display all you want while ingame

smokie mcpott said:
if you havent tried ati tray tools out, give it a shot its a very robust program, and it will display all you want while ingame
Yeah, I’ve been using it to OC my X1900 but I don’t’ see how to overlay temps in a game.
I’d like to see both the GPU and CPU temps while playing.

boead said:
Yeah, I’ve been using it to OC my X1900 but I don’t’ see how to overlay temps in a game.
I’d like to see both the GPU and CPU temps while playing.

Tools & Options / On Screen Display.

and it drastically slows things down when its showing all that stuff.
it was good to see where i was at, but then i had to shut it off.

there is also some Plug-in that does it differentally? mabey it does it without so much slowdowns.

Psycogeec said:
Tools & Options / On Screen Display.

and it drastically slows things down when its showing all that stuff.
it was good to see where i was at, but then i had to shut it off.

there is also some Plug-in that does it differentally? mabey it does it without so much slowdowns.

Ooooo My Bad!
ATI Tray Tools. I’m using ATI Tool. Different program.

I’ll check out Tray Tools, Thanks.

I just heard back from Alfredo Milani Comparetti at Speedfan and he said he’ll be adding support for the P5B’s next week.

Currently I'm working closely with Alfredo now, will update this board 1st when I got the 1st working release. :)

You guys do realize that MBM and most of the other program rely on the Mobo sensors to deliver CPU temps. They are NOT correct temps for your Core2 Cpu's. Coretemp will properly read the cpu temps for both cores from the cpu itself...I bet if you haven't tried it already you will be shocked at the difference:beer:

Stilletto said:
You guys do realize that MBM and most of the other program rely on the Mobo sensors to deliver CPU temps. They are NOT correct temps for your Core2 Cpu's. Coretemp will properly read the cpu temps for both cores from the cpu itself...I bet if you haven't tried it already you will be shocked at the difference:beer:

Everest Ultimate v3 reads the same temp diode CoreTemp reads, the temps CPU for PUC are identical. Everest also reads the same sensor that AI Suite reads which is s a good 5ºc cooler. Also TAT’s temps are identical to CoreTemp and there is an option to read the other sensor that is identical to AI Suite. All in all there are two places to read the temp from and regardless of the program you use, they readings are the same.

As far as MBM is concerned, it just doesn’t work.

Back