• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheapest performance DDR2 for Conroe E6600 & P5B-D?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IF I had to hazard a guess I would say that the Geil ddr2-100 is binned and oc'd Geil ddr2-800. Look at the higher voltage, which is about what you'll typically need to run anything well at ddr2-1000.

I kind of dropped off the computer map with school starting, but who are these "Tank guys".

I see lots of guys looking at there ram. One of the owners even has an account. Are their prices really much better than the Egg?

Not to mention, they have customer service like you wouldn't belive.
The will give you stepping info. if they have it :eek:

So what is so great about Team Group? Did they even exsist 2 years ago?

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just out of the loop.

zebkoolindc said:
... Are their prices really much better than the Egg?

Heck no :D

On very few items, sometimes, yes. 90% of the time, the egg kills me. No argument from me on that point. We do, however, beat them pretty badly on new/limited stock items, and we also have some exclusive products/offerings they don't carry. For general, day to day purchases, newegg is likely your better bet, but for more of the enthusiast oriented stuff, we may be better - it just depends :)

zebkoolindc said:
So what is so great about Team Group? Did they even exsist 2 years ago?

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just out of the loop.

Yes, they have actually been around for quite a while. They were the OEM for a lot of big name manufacturers, and have been in business since 1992. You can read about them here:

http://www.teamresearchinc.com/about.php

Here's the general gist of why people like (or sometimes dislike) them:

Pros:

1- Their memory generally overclocks like mad. 667 Mhz kits hitting 1000 isn't unheard of.
2- Their memory is priced very well. Granted, prices on them have gone up recently, but so have all the other manufacturers, as chip prices have risen astronomically of late.
3- They offer Micron D9GMH chips.

Cons:

1- RMA issues. Some people, mainly lately, have had trouble getting RMA's. However, 95% of this was due to their offices being closed for a week for the holidays. (Think Christmas) Other times, RMA's can be slow in coming, or there can be some interesting communication with them, as you're usually working with someone in Taiwan, and there are sometimes some fun language barriers :D

Teamgroup performance ram is binned HARD, think Corsair without the big brand name $$$$$$$.

The sticks OC very close to the same frequency @ the same timings. Individualy out of the set.

not binned in the higher frequency since.

sorry for the lack of clarification.

Team group ram rocks. I'm waiting for memory prices to go back down. I can't justify spending $300 on some ram when it used to be $200 (like a month ago). Ram prices are pretty ridiculous right now.

Dragoon42 said:
Team group ram rocks. I'm waiting for memory prices to go back down. I can't justify spending $300 on some ram when it used to be $200 (like a month ago). Ram prices are pretty ridiculous right now.

I have to agree here, I could remember a few months before AM2 and C2D DDR2 was Cheap...

Back