• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick question about my Corsair XMS ram..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabber359

I'm planning on upgrading from 1GB --> 2GB, by getting another pair of TWINX PC3200XL modules. Since I already have a pair, I'd figure I'd get another and keep everything nice.

Yes I've thought about gettign 2x1GB modules, but I don't want to dump my current ones, since they were pretty expensive. So I figure I'd have 4x512@2-2-2-5. I've also read that people have gotten up to 215-220 and still kept those tight timings. Anyhow...

Is there something I'm overlooking? Since TCCD (and those modules) isn't made anymore, I'm looking through other channels on getting another pair (probably for around 150 Euro). Just wanted to know if I'd be making a mistake, or if someone has another, better suggestion?

(I'm also going to be picking up a second hand 6600GT off ebay soon and X2 cpu in the near future. The 6600GT will cost me around 20euro, so figured what the hell)

heyyy I want to do the same thing... I hope your question gets answered cause I'm wondering if 4x512 3200XL would overclock well, even with looser timings, I plan on getting an opteron 146 and I want to push it to the limit alongside this ram, and I want 2 gb of it. Let me kno if you've figured anything out on this topic

Only difference is you have to run 2T. Also, some say it bogs down the memory controller on AMD, but who knows. It shouldnt effect your OC much if you get the timings right, I would definately take the performance boost of an extra gig over a few lost MHZ. :)

Back