• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which ram is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DDR2 sucks on intels. but i prefer OCZ, much higher quality Company, Gskill is an off brand so i would never ever recommend them. Newbies tend to buy it alot.

Corsair is still the king when it comes to memory.

AC3421 said:
DDR2 sucks on intels. but i prefer OCZ, much higher quality Company, Gskill is an off brand so i would never ever recommend them. Newbies tend to buy it alot.

Corsair is still the king when it comes to memory.
you make blind blank statments based on nothing. before opeing your mouth and saying things suck or calling people new to this hobbie. you might try reading sometime it helps alot.

Evilsizer said:
you make blind blank statments based on nothing. before opeing your mouth and saying things suck or calling people new to this hobbie. you might try reading sometime it helps alot.

Um, its a fact that DDR2 sucks on intel. they dont have onboard memory controllers on there cpus and a host of other **** is wrong with memory supprot with them.

i was stating my opinion on the Gskill RAM. And it is an OFF BRAND as it is not main stream and Anyone i talk to who doesnt know about buildign compputers always asks about Gskill, its always the new ones that go for it. thats what i have experienced so that is the truth to me.

EDIT: by the way im not responding back no matter what other bull**** you come up with because im not gonna waste my time arguing with someone who has nothing better to do but sit on a forumn all day and gather stars under there name.

However you feel about a certain product or a forum members post there are more appropiate ways to state such than was done here prior to editing, getting wound up about such things and venting does nothing to present your opinion or educate people. Should you believe that a forum members comments are abusive or offensive please report it. Replying in the manner you had done here is not acceptable on these forums
UnseenMenace - OCForums Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
AC3421 said:
Um, its a fact that DDR2 sucks on intel. they dont have onboard memory controllers on there cpus and a host of other **** is wrong with memory supprot with them.

i was stating my opinion on the Gskill RAM. And it is an OFF BRAND as it is not main stream and Anyone i talk to who doesnt know about buildign compputers always asks about Gskill, its always the new ones that go for it. thats what i have experienced so that is the truth to me.

EDIT: by the way im not responding back no matter what other bull**** you come up with because im not gonna waste my time arguing with someone who has nothing better to do but sit on a forumn all day and gather stars under there name.
** EDITED CONTENT ** UnseenMenace
i say again learn to read before making blank statements...

*edit* but i think i found new quotes for the year
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=480859

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite ironic how people have different opinions on somethings, I personally do not touch OCZ or GSkill as I find both these brands inconsistent with regards to quality, I much prefer Corsair..
Obviously people have the right to disagree with me and tell me im wrong however my information is neither based on fact or knowledge but experience and personal opinion and nothing more !!

comments such as 'before opening your mouth' and 'STFU' as once contained in this thread do nothing towards finding out why my opinion is such which unfortunately means people learn nothing more... it would be so much more appropiate to ask me why I make such assumptions !!

UnseenMenace said:
Quite ironic how people have different opinions on somethings, I personally do not touch OCZ or GSkill as I find both these brands inconsistent with regards to quality, I much prefer Corsair..
Obviously people have the right to disagree with me and tell me im wrong however my information is neither based on fact or knowledge but experience and personal opinion and nothing more !!

comments such as 'before opening your mouth' and 'STFU' as once contained in this thread do nothing towards finding out why my opinion is such which unfortunately means people learn nothing more... it would be so much more appropiate to ask me why I make such assumptions !!
indeed then i am sorry for the way i put my above post.

lets ask ourselves this then. how can we say one brand is better then another? when it comes to the pcb's used i do recall a big deal when brianpower pcb's were being used on ddr ram. IC's for our ddr and ddr2 come from companies such as samsung,micron/cruical,Elpida. if they have such a small selection to chose for ram ic's and the ram pcb's. the only thing one company over another can do is speed bin and offer better customer support over the other. as companies such as OCZ,g.skill,teamgroup,ect. do not make any such ic or pcb for ram. they simiply test them to meet what requirements they want. such as in the case of corsair 6400-c4's using the same micron ic's as the g.skill 6400 hz and teamgroup ddr2-667 ram. with the corsair c4's you can get the same sticks but labled differently as the c4's under another name are the 8500 or ddr2-1066. as the 6400-c4's i own have spd timings for ddr2-1066 at the same timings and voltage as the more costly 8500's. the c4's have what nv and others are starting to do which is make ocing simple for alot of people with the use of EPP.

so in the end how can we say one brand is better then the other. when they dont make the memory IC's or PCB's but yet only offer warrenties and speed bin ram sticks.

Corsair has a history of doing more throual binning. IE the individual sticks frequency with the same timeings have been more consistant in the past (each stick hits very close to the same frequecey with the same timeings)

They built there business on quality of binning, Teamgroup desided it would be a good idea to try to do the same thing and strive to do it even better a few times :p

The HZ's were actually Gskillz value line that got the D9 treatment, there DDR2 1000 has higher binned D9's to perform more like Corsairs cas3's.

I saw the deal on the Cruical's and got suckered in J/K :p

Back