• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So my memory goes bad this morning and now I need help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ninety-9 SE-L

My machine is prolly around 2 years old now, all the specs are in the sig (red text).

I'm running Geil Ultra Platinum DDR500 512x2, been working flawlessly for the last 2 years. I came home this morning and the computer was running but no response. I restart it, no beep, I check out the diagnostic lights on the back and is telling me the memory is bad (3 red lights, one green light on the top right).

I turn it off, open it up, and test each stick individually. One of the sticks is definately bad, the computer won't even beep and the diagnostic code says the same. The other stick, the computer starts, 4 green lights, it gets to the windows screen and hangs, won't boot into windows, windows bar continues to move.

What would cause this to happen so randomly? Does it seem like both sticks are damaged? could anything else in the machine be fried?

All the fans work fine, there's no sign of overheating

oops, this dumbass forgot to clear cmos, computer seems to be running ok on the single stick of 512, I'll hafta buy some new memory soon or see if I can RMA since I have a lifetime warranty.

Back