• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[read this] Stop dumping crap in here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
Every week myself and other mods move a bunch of threads from here, or delete them. 90% of the new threads in here should be in General Discussion.

To summarise:

If it's off topic discussion, it goes in General Discussion. If you don't have GD acccess yet (100 posts) then you will have to wait until you *do* have access.

If it's a funny joke or youtube video about geeks/computers/whatever, it goes in General Discussion's humour thread. Posting it as it's own thread in GD is likely to result in it getting locked there anyway.

Requests for a favour or such go in GD as well. If it's a major initiative or something relevant to EVERYONE or a LARGE GROUP of people here then it might fly in O/Community.

If in doubt put it in GD and it will get moved if necessary. Better yet, contact a mod.

I am now going to delete any junk I find in O/Community. No warnings, no thread moves.

To reiterate:

This forum is NOT a General Discussion forum for those who do not have GD access to post off topic stuff here. It is not a platform for advertising. It is not a place for chat. It, above all, is not a place to dump threads if you aren't sure where to put them. Please please please contact a Mod if you need clarification.

can you give examples, or links to threads, of those that you find acceptable?

That may help people to distinguish what is acceptable, and what is not.

i was gonna post in a thread about 30 mins ago, hit post reply and the link was dead

he got rid of the thread, thankfully, its a repost of 1000 reposts

TollhouseFrank said:
can you give examples, or links to threads, of those that you find acceptable?

That may help people to distinguish what is acceptable, and what is not.

Take a look down O/Community. The majority of what is there, is fair game for O/Community. The masses of Moved: links show what is not meant to be here.

hmm, i didnt know they was a General Discution, now im searching for it, apparently this is supposed to be my 101th post, hope i can find it; :)

edit: oh well the Mistery of GD just open.

edit: Yes my friends, new menus just appear!

Last edited:
Only 6th from the top and already I have to bump it.

This is not LiveJournal, this is not The 'OMG I FOUND SOMETHING FUNNAY' section, this is O/Community. It is for things that relate to community togetherness; things that we all share.

Stop dumping your crap in here!

I think the implementation of a shoutbox (limited to users who request and have proven that they do not spam/be abusive/offencive) would help the "Crap dumping" if this section.

nvidiaOCmaster said:
I think the implementation of a shoutbox (limited to users who request and have proven that they do not spam/be abusive/offencive) would help the "Crap dumping" if this section.

...or IRC?

A shoutbox or IRC will not happen on these forums simply because we have little control over the content in such a vast moving enviroment, not only would people be asking for assistence using tools such as this were they available rather than the forum. Poor language, flaming, spamming and trolling would be harder to react to as the staff would need to constantly read logs for such situations.

David said:
There is an unofficial IRC channel at #octeams on irc.zirc.org.

Yeah, that is what I was refering to, sorta like an alternitive to a "Shoutbox".

bump.jpg

Last edited:
Back