• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATi & Conroe builds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkside1016

Conroe E6600
ATi X1950XTX w/ CrossFire Card
ATI X1600Pro ( to be used as physics card )
2GB OCZ EL DDR2 PC2-6400 Titanium Alpha's 3-4-3-9

Now my question is... what motherboard am I to get... I've been thinking of going with one based on the RD3200.

Basically I need a motherboard that has three pci-e slots, two 16x and one 8x.

Reason why I am doing this is because I want a motherboard that will have support for physics when it becomes mainstream ( has to be ati, as I have vendor connections )

I Know there are alot of "What motherboard" threads, but I read through alot of them, and I didn't find anyone that was doing the 3x pci-e.

Appriciate the feedback.

no 3x pci-e slots huh... well ati's rd600 is not out yet which leaves you with 3 mobo's left. all of which are 975 starting with intel badaxe,intel badaxe II(out soon), asus p5w64-ws. the asus 64 workstation mobo is about $300.

Nice feedback.
RD600 would be my choice.
I'm not in any rush to finish the system as I allready have a really nice backup rig, but I would like to finish the new system by the end of the month.

RD600 and RS690 from my knowledge are expected to ship this month.

darkside1016 said:
Nice feedback.
RD600 would be my choice.
I'm not in any rush to finish the system as I allready have a really nice backup rig, but I would like to finish the new system by the end of the month.

RD600 and RS690 from my knowledge are expected to ship this month.
the independent ocing of the ram is a big plus with rd600. just hope the ocing of the cpu is just as good. im looking foward to DFI's lanparty or UT RD600 results. the end of this month just cant come fast enought LOL.

I allready am impressed with my LP UT RD200 for my AMD system, I would love to get another one for my intel, especially since I am familiar with their overclocking.

With the ram I am getting ( best ocz ram made ) along with my Lian-Li ( 1100 Plus ) case and perfect cooling, I should be able to munch some crazy numbers.

Can anyone confirm the release dates for any RD600 boards?

darkside1016 said:
I allready am impressed with my LP UT RD200 for my AMD system, I would love to get another one for my intel, especially since I am familiar with their overclocking.

With the ram I am getting ( best ocz ram made ) along with my Lian-Li ( 1100 Plus ) case and perfect cooling, I should be able to munch some crazy numbers.

Can anyone confirm the release dates for any RD600 boards?
no release date just the general end of oct. is what i read.

Back