• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel D945PVS HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

viajero

Alright the story goes as so:

I have an Intel D945PVS, with a 3.2ghz Pentium D.

I installed them, put my whole new comp together, turned it on, went on for 5 seconds, then it shut off. So I turned it on again, then I got a POST beep, it meant that the processor was overheating. So, I took the heatsink off applied a little more thermal compound, tried again, same thing.

I switched the Voltage to 240......and no beeping happened, the comp stayed on a little longer, then it just shut off, my bedroom lights flickered for .23 seconds. Now.....it does not start up at all.....Did i just fry all of my new stuff? Or did I just mess up my PSU??

Yes, I switched it back to 115V still nothing happens....

Where do you live??? What is your base voltage from your wall plug??? and why would you switch it back and forth on the PSU???

First off, it sounds like you don't have the heatsink mounted properly on the CPU, and now, you could have fried the PSU and maybe other components as well...

Back