• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Defective Samsung DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krome

I have a friend who has a emachines that she bought in 2004. The memory [512MB/PC2700], is bad. I'm currently in chat w/ Emachines now, and they say "can't cover it, it's been over a year." Doesn't Samsung offer a lifetime warranty on their sticks of memory?

Should emachines RMA the stick of RAM?

since you bought it from emachine its up to them not samsung. Also Lifetime warranty quals as long as the chip is alive. once it dies its considred dead and no longer living there for its out of its life spand there for no warranty is given. PNY tricks you like that. but some companies honor it. its nasty advertising i know =/

imposter said:
since you bought it from emachine its up to them not samsung. Also Lifetime warranty quals as long as the chip is alive. once it dies its considred dead and no longer living there for its out of its life spand there for no warranty is given. PNY tricks you like that. but some companies honor it. its nasty advertising i know =/

lol are you joking, a lifetime warranty on an item for the life of the item? I've heard of that in a joking context before but never thought any actual company did that.

For the OP, it seems clear the emachines warranty has expired. *maybe* you could try to trick Samsung into replacing it although it probably wouldn't work. If you're sure the memory is dead the only real option is pick up a replacement you should be able to find some for about $50 or less.

MadMan007 said:
lol are you joking, a lifetime warranty on an item for the life of the item? I've heard of that in a joking context before but never thought any actual company did that.

I am dead serious. try getting pny to honor that hahah.

Back