• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4800-SE value ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nakman8

The computer guy at work has offered me a Asus P4P800-SE mobo
with Intel P4 2.8 cpu. He wants $200.00 for both. I can't find much info about the mobo.I find lots of Asus's just not the P4800-SE. I do need the features it offers:agp,ddr,20pin PSU connection,etc.
My question is, of course,is this a fair deal?

Thanks,Dennis

Last edited:
Seems a bit high. I got a P4P800 Deluxe with a 2.6C for $150 a few months back and I paid way too much for it based on what I've seen on the forums.
However, the P4P800 series of motherboards are getting kind of hard to find now.

Just my opinion.

I paid 100 for mine brand new from ebay store. And you can find the 2.8's on ebay for around 80 bucks... so as far as price goes YES its about fair.

The P4P800SE-Deluxe offers AGP/DDR etc...

Your question should really be do you want to buy an old socket 478 board now? Lots better options.. I would go for a 775 board thats conroe supporting imo..

PS - I just sold my P4P800 for 150 and a P4 3.0 for 60 and had no troubles selling it... just to give you an idea on pricing... That was about a month ago....

Back