• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DS3 and XP64 question , unknown device/hardware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

Question, I installed XP 64 ran all the updates on my DS3 with F6 bios.

Other hardware is a X1800GTO flashed to X1800XT bios running stock clocks of 600/700.

Prior to adding the XP 64 cat 6.9 with CCC and netfx software I did not get any notice of unknown hardware in device manager.

Now I have one piece of hardware that I can not seem to locate or install a driver for. The annoying thing is everytime I start or log into windows desktop the "found new device" box appears. I have tried the install cd and can not seem to solve it. I am assuming it is something to do with the sata controller or USB. Anyone have any suggestions?

I do not want to hear about XP64 being no good as it worked fine on a previous AMD system and I am sure there is a solution. I would like to dual boot Vista RC1 following this issue being solved.

Will give the WDM driver a whirl since it was separate d/l for XP64

Last edited:
Cisco Kid said:
Question, I installed XP 64 ran all the updates on my DS3 with F6 bios.

Other hardware is a X1800GTO flashed to X1800XT bios running stock clocks of 600/700.

Prior to adding the XP 64 cat 6.9 with CCC and netfx software I did not get any notice of unknown hardware in device manager.

Now I have one piece of hardware that I can not seem to locate or install a driver for. The annoying thing is everytime I start or log into windows desktop the "found new device" box appears. I have tried the install cd and can not seem to solve it. I am assuming it is something to do with the sata controller or USB. Anyone have any suggestions?

I do not want to hear about XP64 being no good as it worked fine on a previous AMD system and I am sure there is a solution. I would like to dual boot Vista RC1 following this issue being solved.

Will give the WDM driver a whirl since it was separate d/l for XP64

Its the WDM driver... Also BIOS F7 is out.
I had this problem awhile ago.

GreenJelly said:
Its the WDM driver... Also BIOS F7 is out.
I had this problem awhile ago.

Yeah WDm was the issue I had not scrolled down far enough in ATI download section for the XP64 drivers, it solved the issue and I will grab F7 as well, thanks

Back