• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Memory Timeings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Give more info about your system and how it is set up. What CPU and motherboard do you have, what FSB are you running, did you determine your ram speed with CPU-z?

If you're running a C2D at stock speed 266MHz(x4=1066 'quad pumped') FSB and 1:1 ram ratio the Ram will run at DDR2-533, the DDR2- speed will be 2x your FSB with a 1:1 ram ratio.

nvm i fixed it
Can you run oc mem fine for a long time?

Last edited:
It should be ok. The only thing that's really going to kill memory is running it at extremely high voltage or if it runs really hot long-term. With decent case airflow it ought to be ok, running at higher frequency alone shouldn't do any harm.

Chad44 said:

No it wont hurt it :) If it posts at pc2-6400, boot into windows and run some 32mb to make sure its stable for 24/7 use.

I personally would try to keep the voltage for the ram anywhere between 1.9-2.2 for 24/7.

If you get a no post at 6400, try a lower divider, or try upping the voltage. Either way, 6400 should not be very hard :beer:

Where do i change the timeings in this bios??:santa:
Does CPU-z show right timeings??

Last edited:
Back