• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DS3 compatible memory list...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mole

Registered
I know for sure these work, and overclock well:

Super Talent PC26400 2GB (T800UX2GC4) - I hear this memory overclocks exceptionally well, and can retain low latency timings at overclocked speeds (4-4-3-8). I do know the CPU will run at 800mhz (which put my E6300 at 2.8ghz) along with this RAM no problem. I also tried 2.9ghz (415x7, 830mhz RAM) and it worked as well. No errors shown in memtest86. *edit* Running at 3ghz with this RAM. Any higher, too hot (still using stock cooling). Works with F5 and F6 BIOS, not sure about anything before F5.

Corsair PC2-5400C4 1GB (TWIN2X1024-5400C4) - I got it up to 830mhz w/ 4-4-4-12 timings, works great. Any higher, errors started showing on test #4 of memtest86, and PC doesn't run stable. I was able to get it up to 858mhz w/ 5-5-5-15 timings, but I never tried memtest86 at that speed... I did play some games for a few hours, and the PC never seemed to show any signs of instability. CPU needs better cooling first before I go that high again, though. Works with any BIOS version.

Corsair PC2-5400C4 2GB (TWIN2X2048-5400C4) - It works, but doesn't overclock as well as the 1GB version w/ 4-4-4-12 timings. You have to slow em down. Works with any BIOS version.

I saw this kind of thread done on another board, and thought it'd be a good idea here... So, anyway, post what RAM you know to work with this board. But just remember, this was the luck that I had, you may have better luck with these RAM chips, or worse.

Last edited:
Using GeIL 2GB PC6400 4-4-4-12 DC kit here. Running perfectly, also at 1.8V.

I think the thread you are referring too is on overclockers.co.uk forums?
Been looking now, but can't find the sticky anymore...

While I have an S3, I am certain the same pertains... I have used all of these succesfully.

PNY Optima

Patriot Signature Series

Crucial 10th Anniversary

Corsair 8500c5

Currently I am unable to run Corsair 8500c5 above around 970mhz. I am working on the issue with Gigabyte. I am rather frustrated because I could be running this at 1065 with my current OC settings.

...and yes, it will only set the memory to 800mhz when you load optimal settings. If anyone else has this issue, or doesnt, then please tell me...

Im Running PQI DDR2 533 Dual Channel And So Far I Am Really Impressed With These.I Had These Sticks Running At 780.Still Messing Around With The Whole Setup Because Its A New Build And The PQI Was All I Had At The Time.This Is What Else Is Running With My Setup.Gigabyte DS3.OCX 700 Watt P/S.Two 512 Sticks Of PQI DDR2 533.Aero Cool GT-1000 Gold Plated Cpu And Fan Cooler.Extreme Spirit II Solid Copper Northbridge Cooler With Fan.And Just a Regular 40 Gig WD Hard Drive.:beer:

Crucial Ballistix 667 (512x2 kit)

Rated @ 2.2V, works fine @ 1.8. Running it now @ 6900 (430MHz) @ 4-4-4-12. Easily goes up to 8500 speed. Amazing memory.

Im upgrading to the DQ6, thank god for newegg. I dont need to resell or sit on my D3 they are letting me switch gear, without any fees to me (except shipping the D3 back). The D3 is a great board, but I think it farts out on the X6800 and 8500c5 memory. I hope to have a better time with the DQ6. Wish me luck... I will get it around Wednessday.

Mike

I sold my Corsair Twin2X PC2 6400 CL5 (2 x 512MB) which ran at 486 MHz day to day and over 500 MHz for some benchmarks.

I'm now using G.Skill PC2 6400 CL5 (2 x 1GB) which is currently running at 486MHz. This is the cheap stuff in the red heatspreaders that Newegg had for $50 off last week.

Just got a response from Giga-byte saying that they are working on a new bios to fix allot of the memory issues. This is in regards to the DQ6, but may also apply to the DS3&4

Back