• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max 24/7 volts for Small body D9s?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moto7451

Senior Something
Hey all,

I searched around but I couldn't find an answer to that question. What have you guys been running for your 24/7 clocks? I just bumped it up to 2.2v and that seems reasonably safe but I wanted to see if people have run higher with no problems. I've seen small bodies run at 2.7v for testing and benching but my guess is that running DDR2 at DDR1 volts is not conducive to 24/7 living... though if its not an issue let me know and I'll try some BH5 volts for you guys hehe (ok, I'm really not that crazy).

There are quite a few faster-rated modules that are rated for up to 2.3V, maybe some for 2.4V. These are basically binned overclocked modules - if you're talking about the ones in your sig the ones rated for those voltage are D9s as well. So I'd say 2.3V is a conservative max limit, 2.4V a high-ish 24/7 limit, it's just preferable to keep some airflow going like Loki said.

Back