• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which SLi mobo to overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked@

i'm moving over to conroe 6300 which i want to overclock so i want a board for this and with Sli for my new 7900GTO's any ideas on a good motherboard, thanks

Wicked@ said:
i'm moving over to conroe 6300 which i want to overclock so i want a board for this and with Sli for my new 7900GTO's any ideas on a good motherboard, thanks
nv's mobo's for ocing suck big time irrc max stable fsb is 280mhz. you should just get a abit aw9d-max use the sli modded drivers.

Or wait for 4X4 or K8L while we're at it..

I don't know if its just me but this lack of official SLI support for Intel chipsets is verging on rediculus.

If NV's 600 series is just a medocure performer (say 380FSB) then I wouldn't hold my breath for Intel chipsets to get SLI support officialy in the forseable future.

To be honest.. If I was really into multiple GPU's.. I would send back MY NV GFX cards and buy me some ATI's for crossfire..It would be boycott time in my house. BTW.. Are you even sure your two 7900GTO's could match the performance of a single XT1950XTX?

Also.. mutli GPU boards would fair better with a E6600 (for the multiplier) and you could use the extra CPU HP (the extra 2MB cache) if you plan on overclocking them.

/rant

Last edited:
I'm with you, NV should really allow them to put sli on intel chipsets, they would deffinitly sell more cards, and we all know its as easy as a driver, even the new chipsets. Not like intel is going to go out of its way to stop hacked drivers, but they suck to rely on.

Back