• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock Conroe945G-DVI OC question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wurbs

Registered
Ok ive now got my systems up and running.

Thermaltake Soprano Case.
Asrock Conroe945G-DVI Mobo.
Intel E6400 Retail (Stock HSF).
80g Deskstar SataII HD.
XFX 7600GT XXX Edition.
Tagan 480W-U22 PSU.
1xAeneon 1GB DDR2 667Mhz PC5300 RAM.
LG DVD-RW.

Ok.

Anyway i know this board is not highly thought of for ocing, especially pushing to maybe 3ghz mark because of the limited voltage options, and also heard things about not being able to run the FSB above 299 and not to mention the FSB maxxing out at 350FSB.

Well ive had mine stable now for over a week and wanted to know any possible way to increase the speed more.

At this moment in time im running:

2.407ghz @ 8x301fsb memory is 1:1 [email protected] Stock Voltages on everything, but to get the pc to post i had to increase my PCI-E Frequency to 101.

What im trying to say is, i think to push it more towards the 2.6mhz i might need to increase the pci-e frequency and maybe loosen the memory timings.

And i cant find any sure fire answer to what is a stable pci-e frequency for the nvidia cards.

Would like to be able to at least reach 2.6 or 2.8 if possible, even with stock cooler and AS5 im getting pretty good temps atm, and will eventually upgrade to artic freezer pro 7 at some point.

I use TAT to monitor core temps which on idle are 45-47 and on load 51-53.

Pretty damn pleased with the system i must say so far compared to me old AMD 2.5 Barton setup.

Would like any pointers if possible guys to help me push it abit more if possible.

Cheers

find out what pll it has and see if clockgen has it listed. thats about the only other way beside "pad" mod or bios.

well ive grabbed clockgen and although it doesnt list my mobo it does list the ConRoeXFire-eSATA2 which is same chipset.... so looks like it might be a route to go down.

Thanks for the info mate.

Back