• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel P4 530 lga775

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{DvT}J.D.M_eg6

Registered
hey guyz i had a dell dim 4700 which i swapped over in a new case.i wanted to overclock it but i couldnt find a matching pll (ics-954102af) in cpufsb or clockgen. i tried to use diffrent pll's it let me overclock for about 5 mins. i even ran cpu speed orignal speed was:2954.7 i put it up till 3000.5.stood strong for about 5 mins and then just crashed.my air fllow is sufficient. i still have the stock heatsink that came with it, plus i have added on a 60mm fan blowing on the heatsink as well.i dont understand why it crashes?so iwas thinking should i buy a motheboard and just swap my processer over and then try to overclock my motherboard option is this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131578

i have a intel p4 530 HT 3.0ghz. do i need this motherboard?or is there a way to overclock this without me buying this motherboard. any suggestions about motherboard being compatable or to overclock..

Evilsizer said:
"friends dont let friends buy bad ocing mobo's"

ROFL :beer:

Any C2D motherboard supports socket 775 P4's.. so just look around at the C2D recomendations :thup:

And Evilsizer won't stear you wrong :beer:

Back