• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a second opinion on an ill P4P800E DLX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

z0n3

Yesterday at 11pm my computer suddenly stopped working. I was unable to reboot until after several attempts I got an Over volt error. I had run at 1.5 in bios for months and never had a problem. I set everything back to stock. The computer would not exit the bios properly and it would never save the settings. Finally I just decided to F2 it and try to get into windows. I was unable to do that. The second time I tried I was told that hal.dll was corrupt and needed to be repaired. I tried to repair windows with the windows install disc but then my bios became corrupt. I tried to reinstall the bios now the computer won't even post.

I think that its dead. This came on suddenly and I noticed no strange activities in operation until yesterday when the even occured. I want to know what could have caused this and if there is a remedy. I don't want to have to buy anything new until Jan-Feb so I'm open to options.

Specs of system in question-
Mother board -P4P800E-Deluxe
FSB -260*14
CPU -3.2e at 3.6 1.5 in bios
Cooling - Water
Mods -none

have you pulled it out of the case and bench tested it with just one stick of memory cpu and video card and try a ols pci video card if you have one around

Yep. I tested the other parts in other rigs. I had to borrow someone else's mobo to test the processor but it has been tested.

Yes. The power supply is in working order. Fortron 530w. I tested it on a conroe rig so I couldn't simulate the same load.

well it's a shame to lose the board but im out of ideas for now sounds like a bad bios but if you've flashed it i guess that itcheck you caps to see if any are leaking and etc

Caps are fine. I'm suspicious of the BIOS as well but I have no way to change the BIOS on the board.

I don't think I have the Asus CD anymore. :bang head I tried with BIOS from ASUS site and it will find the file and then say that it couldn't find the file. I can't flash it from here. If I can't find the CD then I'll try and see if I can get someone in my dorm to flash the chip for me.

if you can down load the bois to the desk top open it rename it p4p800ed.rom then sent it to floppy or cd then boot with it in floppy or cd pres alt +f2 it will look for new bois hope this helps

Back