• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats holding me back.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crfracer290

I have been trying my hardest to hit 4GHZ but I am coming up short. I cant post above 425 FSB moth 1.65vcore, and 2.4 dram. I was thinking that it might be my RAM but its hard to believe it wont OC even 100mhz. I have seen people with the same board as me and a week 28 chip hit 450fsb, some even on air. So what can I do to get passed this wall; if anything.

It's 99.9998% the motherboard, have you done any moding to it?
Most people that hit 450 on it replace the stock TIM under the NB, SB and Fet sinks, and some just go ahead and put a better HR-05 or something similar on the NB instead of the stock solution.
NONE of this will garantee more FSB out of a DH, its luck of the draw for the most part.

Yeah I put As5 of the NB and some creamique on the SB. I am really disappointed with this board now after playing with it for 2 days. Hmm, maybe I will sell it and get the Pro version or maybe a P5B deluxe.

well for starters your ruuning 4gig of ram the Nb is stressed as all get out and needs more volts. you made sure the ram was using a 1:1 ratio? since you said it wont oc even 100mhz...but then oc with 4gigs is no easy task.

Ahh, I really dont have 4 gigs of ram, my friend was messing with my sig the other day and putting all this bogus stuff like 40T of storage. Lol, I only have two.

Edit. I really dont think there is much I can do to get passed this wall without some vmods, and I rather not run 1.8+ vcore anyways. I think I will probably get the P5W 64 in the near future..450+ plus out of the box.

1.6v is max suggested for water setups....the fsb wall then is more likly due to not enogh mch voltage. abit aw9d-max and non max are doing 420mhz+ fsb with 1.7mch voltage

Back