• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

reseting maybe do to ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itachi2k4

im was surfing the web on my moms pc, it keeps reseting, i think it is the ram cause the temps r fine. what apps can i use to in windows to test it? i tried making a bootable memtest86 but it doesnt work when i tried to boot from cd.

everything is stock

asus a7n8a-e deluxe
1 gb set of CMX512-3200C2pt
nvidia 6600 gt agp
AMD 3000+
xaser III silent pure power 480 psu

Running memtest would rule out the ram IMO. In windows you can run Prime95 and watch the voltages. If they go low or wild then it's probably the PSU. You can also take this time to watch for high temps. There is a small chance it's a driver/software issue. Anything new you know about?

Memtest won't totally rule out RAM. It's great tool to rule out any really bad RAM. But good RAM that pass memtest but running over their specifications will still cause BSOD. Run Prime95 and that'll stress out the system/RAM. Any memory that is bad or can't handle the overclocks will likely fail within the first 5min of Prime95.

Back