• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

siavash_s_s

I am getting a new computer consisting of
Intel Duo2 E6600
GA 965P-DQ6 motherboard
GT 7900 sparkle graphics card
and am wondering what ram is best? was gonna get 2gb cosair 6400 800mhz ddr2 but wanted to make sure of my choice.

these not really any one over the other
corsair 6400-c4
g.skillz F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ

btw, ive heard good things about kingston? any info would be appreciated.
Ive used kingston alot. I think its cheap (pricewise, thats it). Ive never seen kinsgton fail, but personaly I think its kind of slow. You should only get it for backup or going for ultra leave it on for 7 years stability.

If you are getting a E6600 you need bawls to need much more frequency then DDR2-800 gives at stock 1:1. thats 3.6 Ghz, thats around 1.5Vcore and on high end air your load temps in TAT would run well up in the 60'sC.

There's a thread over at XS that lists off two products that got updated from the "cheap" Elpida IC's to the D9's.. the 2gig HZ's set and another 2Gig set. Id pm a rep over there for more info on a 1Gig set AC.

Yea, I hear nothing but good about the G Skill PC-800 HZs. That's what I plan on getting when I build my next system soon.

Back