• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just wonderin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike K

Tonight in the BIOS I changed my ram mhz clock from 100 to 133
The box it came in said PC133 so it should be fine running at 133mhz right?:confused: just wondering
and if its okay to run it at that speed will it affect my system in a bad way or should I change it back to 100?:rolleyes:

I'm not a memory expert but: I have pc2100 running on an fsb of 150 at 2.7v. with no trouble (yet!) I can get some of my cas 3 pc133 running at cas2 but I've only tried to get 100 running on a 133 fsb once- no go. But I think it was the cheap ram that stopped it.

It sounds to me like it is pc133, or else very good pc100!
I think you'll be ok, at least for a while: just like with cpu's, you can get ram to run over-spec, but it will eventually cut the life of it down a bit.

But hey: you gonna need that ram in 5 years?

If it's indeed PC133 memory then all you'' do by setting your memory speed to HOST+CLK is get a nice little bandwidth increase.

It's not quite the same as if you were running your entire bus at 133MHz but still better than where you had it.

Like Roger said, even if it's PC100, it's some good PC100!

You should be fine leaving it there...enjoy the extra performance!

Back